Privacy and Cookies Policy
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined below. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Affiliates means any other entity that, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, the company to which we are referring to at that instance.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Everty Services Limitada (a company registered in Costa Rica with its registered office at 118 B Street, Trejos Montealegre Neighborhood, Escazu Village Mixed Condominium, Corporate Tower, Everty Offices, Floor: 2, Escazú, San Rafael, San José, Costa Rica)and its Affiliates, owner of and operating Elounda Gulf Villas.
- Correspondence Data refers to information that you provide in order for us to be able to respond to your enquiry and/or to subscribe to our services (for additional information or otherwise) or your comments or complaints in relation to our Website.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Greece
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- EEA means European Economic Area.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website https://www.eloundavillas.com/
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personal Data may include:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
- Correspondence Data
- Any other data that may be necessary or that we are legally or contractually required to collect in order for Us to enable delivery of the Service to You
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Hospitality Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account and Reservation: to manage Your registration or reservation to our Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered guest.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With our employees: We may share Your Personal Data with our employees, personnel, officers, suppliers, subcontractors, including their employees, personnel, officers, suppliers and subcontractors of our Affiliate companies and subsidiaries.
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, and/or to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions related to Our Business and Service.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Information that we collect about EEA citizens and residents, and which may be transferred to any country which does not have data protection laws (equivalent to those in force in the EEA) is protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection contractual clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission or the use of binding corporate rules.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Protection of Your Rights
You have several rights in relation to the Personal Data you have shared with us. These are in line with the applicable legislation and can be summarized as follows:
(a) Right to Access;
You have the right to request access your Personal Data that we hold including the right to be informed about the purpose of the processing and the recipients of your Personal Data. Provided the rights of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your Personal Data that we hold but in doing so we may ask you to verify your identity.
(b) Right to Rectification;
You have the right to have any inaccurate Personal Data rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete Personal Data about you completed.
(c) Right to Erasure;
Under some circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay. Those circumstances can come about when:
- your Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent in circumstances where you had previously provided it;
- you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law;
- the processing is for direct marketing purposes;
- your Personal Data was unlawfully processed.
The right to erasure is not absolute and exclusions include circumstances where processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; and/ or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
(d) Right to Restrict Processing;
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Examples of such circumstances include cases where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data or our need to have access to your Personal Data for the declared processing purposes. If and when processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your Personal Data, but we cannot otherwise process it:
(e) Right to Object to Processing;
If we have been processing your Personal Data on certain legal basis (such as legitimate interest) you have the right to object to such processing in certain circumstances. On the submission of such objection and unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the continuance of the processing which override your interests or if the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, we shall seize the processing.
(f) Right to Data Portability;
If the processing is carried and by automated means and the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data is:
- consent; or
- performance of a contract to which you are party or
- preparatory work at your request prior to entering into a contract;
you have the right to receive your Personal Data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, unless it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
(g) Right to Lodge a Complaint to a Supervisory Authority;
If you consider that our processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable data protection legislation, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the applicable Personal Data protection authority.
(h) Right to Withdraw Consent:
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. We will take reasonable, technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, misuse or alteration of your Personal Data.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
While using the Services through the Website we ask you NOT to send or share with us any sensitive Personal Data (such as but not limited to your information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic or biometric data, criminal background or trade union membership).
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.